AIR TESTING is coming to us in April after Spring Break. Here are a few links to reference from the district and from the state that identify the requirement for ALL STUDENTS to be present to test. There is also a requirement that specific tests must be "started" for all students in a building at the same time, which is why we must separate our 7th and 8th graders accordingly.
State testing can not take place in a virtual model. These links work to outline where the students will fall should they choose not to test and how testing will assist in the movement of the schools academically. Please take time to familiarize yourself with the standards.
We have confirmed a schedule that we would like to share with you now so that you can make plans accordingly.
These schedules identify what days 7th graders are required to be in the building and what days 8th graders are required to be in the building.
FOR THE WEEK OF 4/12
- 7th graders will only attend Mon/Tues
- 8th graders will only attend Thurs/Fri
FOR THE WEEK OF 4/19
- Regular days for specific alpha on Monday and Friday
- Only 7th graders for Tuesday
- Only 8th graders for Thursday
FOR THE WEEK OF 4/26
- This is essentially the week we go back to normal
- A-K students will attend Mon/Tues
- M-Z students will attend Thurs/Fri
- WEDNESDAY ALL 8TH GRADERS WILL COME TO SCHOOL
Answers to questions you might have:
- We must still honor social distancing guidelines. Students will be spaced accordingly.
- All busses will run their normal routes
- Breakfast and Lunch will still be available and free for all students
- On days students are not testing, they will be working on a team project. The project details will be given soon and students will be working on this project over the 2 week period.
*****Highlighted days in the calendars below, indicate GRADE SPECIFIC ONLY days.