We will be continually updating information, so please be sure to check your email, social media, reyn.org and other communication channels. If you have any questions regarding Virtual Graduation, Graduation Walk, or other senior events or deadlines, please contact your Graduation Advisors (Mrs. Nash ([email protected]) Mrs. Rettke ([email protected]) or Mr. Underwood ([email protected]) or Academy Principal. We thank you for your patience, understanding and flexibility and we are excited to celebrate the Class of 2020.
Dr. Tonya Bailey Scott
Encore Academy eSTEM
Academy (HS)2 STEM
Academy BELL Academy
UPDATED!! May 26, 2020
Dear Reynoldsburg High School Families of the Class of 2020,
As we finish the end of this school year, it is time to start getting the elements of graduation together so your senior has a smooth, positive and personalized graduation walk and virtual graduation experience! Here is a checklist and deadlines for the actions that your senior will need to complete by June 6, 2020. There is a lot of information here, please review it carefully!
- May 6, 2020- Pick up or arrange for cap and gown to be mailed
- Week of May 8, 2020- Look for an email from [email protected] to set up your Virtual Graduation account
* Students need to access their email through Outlook - so they need to use their academy student portal page
- After you set up your account through Marching Order, look for an email from StageClip.com to create your personalized graduation message. Your video will be screened by StageClip and MUST be family-friendly. DO NOT include any of the following:
* Vulgar Language
* Harmful/hateful/violent content
* Inappropriate hand signs
*Copyright/Privacy Infringement (music, videos or content you do not own or could violate someone else’s privacy)
* If your video is screened by StageClip and rejected by for any of the above reasons, you will be notified and asked to resubmit a new video
- May 15, 2020- Academies will select their class speakers
- May 18, 2020- Grad walk appointment time slots mailed home
- May 21, 2020 - Student personalized grad slides/videos MUST be complete within the MarchingOrder.com account
- May 22, 2020- Last day to pay Senior Fees either in person or via TicketLeap
- May 27, 2020- Deadline to complete the Grad Walk RSVP via Google Forms/Google Classroom
- June 1-June 2, 2020- RHS Grad Walks by appointment. RAIN DATE: June 3, 2020
- June 6, 2020 at 3:00 p.m.- Virtual Graduation online. A link will be sent and posted on reyn.org for friends and family to view at no cost!
Graduation Walk Instructions and Process:
- Each student will be asked to report to the Livingston Ave. West Parking Lot (Columbus State Community College Side of the building) 15 minutes before their assigned walking time.
- Each student and their family group/unit (a family group/unit consists of the senior and four additional people) will be directed into an assigned parking spot at the north end of the football field. Students and their family unit/group will stay together through the entire process.
- Once parked each student and family group will stay in their vehicle until directed by a member of the RCSD Safety and Security Team to proceed to the north entrance of the football stadium.
- At the stadium entrance each student and family group/unit will proceed down the entrance path to designated stopping points. This process will be used to ensure social distancing from other family units/groups.
- As the line of graduates and family group/unit move forward the process will repeat until the final station.
- At the final station the graduates name will be announced and he or she will walk to the diploma staging area and where he/she will step onto the stage to accept their diploma cover. Each diploma will be laid on a table for the graduate to pick up and display for their ceremonial picture.
PLEASE NOTE: The individual walks will not be filmed by the District or displayed virtually. Parents may record their individual senior walking.
- After the graduate has accepted their diploma and taken the ceremonial picture he/she will step off to the side of the stage and have another picture taken with the Reynoldsburg High School logo backdrop behind them.
- The four members of the graduates’ family will be able to watch and cheer from out in front of the stage area.
- From the stage area each graduate and family unit/group will follow the path created toward the visitor sideline, off the field, and through a separate gate to get to the parking lot.
- Once you arrive at your car we ask that you leave the parking lot promptly so the space can be used for the next student and family unit/group.
June 6, 2020 at 3:00 p.m.- Mark your calendars for RHS’ Virtual Graduation! A link will be sent and posted on reyn.org for friends and family to view at no cost! The ceremony will run for approximately three hours and will include class speakers, a keynote speaker, individual senior videos and other recognition.
PLEASE NOTE: If your senior chose not to create a senior slide, they will not be featured in the Virtual Graduation. Their name will be listed in our program which will be online and printed out and available for pick-up at the Graduation Walk appointments