If a child must leave school early we request that a note be given on or before the day that the student is to be dismissed.
When picking up a child the parent must report to the office with their identification and the child will then be called to the office.
When a student is absent or tardy:
1. Parents are asked to notify the school office #614-501-5530 by 8:20 a.m. if their child will be absent or tardy. This phone number is a 24-hour a line and can accept voice mails at any time.
2. A written note must also be sent to school with the child within three (3) days of his/her return to school or the absence will remain unexcused.
SCHOOL ABSENCES AND EXCUSES
Regular attendance by all students is very important. In many cases, irregular attendance is the major reason for poor school work; therefore, all students are urged to make appointments, do personal errands, etc., outside of school hours.
Reason for which students may be excused, but are not limited to:
1. personal illness
2. illness in the student's family
3. needed at home to perform necessary work directly and exclusively for parents or legal guardians (applies to students over 14 years of age only);
4. death in the family
5. quarantine for contagious disease
6. religious reasons
7. traveling out of state to attend a Board-approved enrichment activity or extracurricular activity (applies to absences of up to four days) or
8. as determined by the Superintendent.
Students are required to bring a note to school within three school days after each absences explaining the reason for the absence.
For your convenience, we have created a general parent note available for download.