You can cc your child's teacher on the email, but it is not necessary.
The Board of Education Policy, in agreement with Ohio Revised Code Section 3321.04 and Ohio Administrative Code 3301-69-02, states the reasons for which student s may be excused, includ ing the following:
* Please refer to the Student Handbook or Board of Education policy for more information *
Key Points about EXCUSED ABSENCES:
- All notes directly from doctors and dentists will be considered excused absences. Time excused by professionals for medical reasons will NOT be included in Excessive Absences or count toward HB410.
- If a school nurse sends your child home from school, the time indicated on the nurse excuse will be marked as an excused absence.
- A written/emailed parent note can excuse up to ten (10) absences per school year. The ten excuse notes can be used for full-day absences, early dismissals and late arrivals. For example, if a parent emails the office sdayint their child was ill on 4/3/19, 4/4/19, 4/5/19 this one excuse note would count as three (3) of the 10 parent excused days.
- A note from the parent/guardian must be on file in the office within three (3) school days of the absence or it will remain unexcused.
- All absences beyond those 10 parent excused absences require a signed note from a doctor, dentist or court official to be an excused absence.
- Notes may only excuse absences from the reason listed above.
- Template is provided in the school office or may be download HERE.
- Pre-Authorized Planned Absence for must be filled out PRIOR to any planned absence that will last for three (3) or more school days. Click HERE to download.
- First extended absence - up to 30 consecutive hours will be excused if form is turned in prior5 to absences.
- Second extended absence - need approval from building administrator via form to excuse up to 30 more consecutive absences - approval based on good and sufficient reason for absence.
- If second trip is not approved, absences will be considered unexcused and count toward truany hours.
- This form is only needed when the extended absences are planned and an excuse will not be provided by a doctor, dentist or government official.
* There is no limit to the number of school excuses
written by a medical provider or court offficial per school year. *