Livingston & Summit Campus Links
NHS Application Checklist (PDF)
NHS Spring 2022 Application (PDF
) 9th, 10th and 11th grades only
DUE on April 1, 2022 by Midnight.
or by Mail Postmarked by 3/20/2022
NHS Fall 2022 Application (PDF) (Word) 10th, 11th and 12th grades only
Due October 30, 2022 by Midnight.
or by Mail Postmarked by 10/30/2022
We encourage Freshmen to spend their 9th-grade year serving the community and earning service hours.
Want to track your service hours and earn points towards graduation seals? Sign up at x2VOL and register under your RHS academy and campus. Need safe service hours in your community? If you are 14 and older, Sign up for POINT your family can join you too!
Sign up with your Reyn email, then add on your personal email and follow Reynoldsburg High School.
What Reyn NHS Stands For
More than just an honor roll, NHS serves to recognize those students who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of scholarship, leadership, service, and character.
Four main purposes have guided chapters of NHS from the beginning: to create enthusiasm for scholarship; to stimulate a desire to render service; to promote leadership, and to develop character in the students of secondary schools. These purposes also translate into the criteria used for membership selection in each local chapter.
The National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP) officially established NHS in 1921. Under the leadership of Dr. Edward Rynearson, principal of the Fifth Avenue High School in Pittsburgh, the organization grew from the original Alpha Chapter at the Fifth Avenue School to more than 1,000 chapters by 1930. Equipped with a constitution, an emblem and motto, and a group of dedicated principals as coordinators, the new NHS organization quickly developed into one of the country's leading educational groups.
Today, it is estimated that more than one million students participate in NHS activities. NHS chapters are found in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, many U.S. territories, and Canada.
Information acquired from the following source:
"About Us | NHS." About Us | NHS. National Honor Society, 1 Jan. 2016. Web. 15 Sept. 2016.
Our Reynoldsburg Chapter of NHS
Our students have demonstrated scholarship vie a 3.5 cumulative weighted Grade Point Average (GPA) as well as completed at least 50 hours of community service from the beginning of his or her freshman year. Students have also demonstrated model character hallmark through abiding by the Reynoldsburg Academic Code of Conduct.
A member of the Reynoldsburg Chapter of the National Honor Society maintains the following attributes:
• Takes criticism willingly and accepts recommendations graciously
• Consistently exemplifies desirable qualities of behavior
• Upholds principles of morality and ethics
• Cooperates by complying with school regulations concerning property, programs, office, halls, etc.
• Demonstrates the highest standards of honesty and reliability
• Shows courtesy, concern, and respect for others
• Follows the Academic Code of Integrity and all school rules
• Actively helps rid the school of bad influences
Our students also demonstrate leadership quality through the following attributes:
• Is resourceful in proposing new solutions to problems and making suggestions
• Exercises positive influence on peers in upholding school ideals
• Is able to delegate responsibilities
• Exemplifies positive attitudes
• Inspires positive behavior in others
• Demonstrates academic initiative
• Successfully holds school and/or community offices or positions of responsibility, conducts business efficiently and effectively and is reliable and dependable without prodding
• Demonstrates leadership in the classroom, at work, and in school or community activities
• Is dependable in any responsibility accepted