Your child is eligible to enroll in Kindergarten for the 2014-15 school year if he/she will turn 5 years old on or before September 30, 2014. Your kindergarten child’s pediatrician will need to complete and sign the Physical Examination form (included in the enrollment packet), during his/her 5-year-old physical. This form will not be expected during enrollment. Current immunization records, however, must be presented, with boosters to be turned in before the start of school.
K-8 School Choice & Open Enrollment
Families may choose among a variety of Reynoldsburg schools and programs for their children. Resident elementary and middle school children will be enrolled into their neighborhood school unless they indicate their wishes to attend a different neighborhood school or a STEM school of choice at the time of enrollment.
STEM schools include Herbert Mills Elementary, Summit Road Elementary and Baldwin Road Junior High School.
- To request enrollment in one of these schools, please complete a STEM School of Choice form, available here.
- Placement is granted on a first-come, first-served basis as space allows.
Reynoldsburg's high-performing neighborhood schools include French Run Elementary, Rose Hill Elementary, Slate Ridge Elementary, Taylor Road Elementary, Hannah Ashton Middle School, Waggoner Road Middle School and Waggoner Road Junior High School.
- To find out which school serves your neighborhood, check out our Street Guide here.
- To request enrollment in a different neighborhood school, please complete an Intra-District Open Enrollment Form.
- Placement is granted on a first-come, first-served basis, as space allows.
Students who live in the state of Ohio but do not reside in the Reynoldsburg school district must complete an Interdistrict Open Enrollment Request Form and should review the policy and guidelines available for download below. Open enrollment applications are due June 13, 2014, for the 2014-15 school year.
High School Academies
High school students choose among four high school academies. Students new to the district will be assisted in their selection by staff, by appointment. Their selection and placement in an academy will determine which high school campus they attend. Each academy focuses on a cluster of college/career fields, and selection should be based on student interest. Academies include BELL Early College, Encore (Arts, Communication and Design), eSTEM, and Health Sciences and Human Services, known as (HS)2. Open enrollment by students who do not reside in Reynoldsburg is available for the high schools.
The following documents are required for all prospective students (a complete checklist can be downloaded below):
- Child’s original Birth Certificate (not hospital certificate)
- Parent’s photo ID
- Child’s most current immunization records
- A signed lease, settlement statement, or ‘friends or family affidavit’ (available at the Welcome Center)
- A current utility bill in the name of the custodial parent
- All custody papers pertaining to the child by order of the court (divorce, guardianship, HB130, ICCA, etc.)
Copies of documents will be made at the Welcome Center. Incomplete packets cannot be accepted.