With the severe cold and winter weather upon us, there are often questions about how the district makes decisions to delay or close Reynoldsburg City Schools. Whenever possible, the decision to close school will be made the previous evening. However, closings may be announced as late as 6 a.m. depending on a variety of factors.
Superintendent Brown wrote a letter detailing winter weather procedures, which you can read here
. Below is some useful information for parents and students.When Reynoldsburg City Schools CLOSE:
• All evening activities in the elementary and middle school buildings are cancelled.
• High school evening activities may take place depending on the weather throughout the day. Communication regarding such events will be made by relevant coaches or advisors.
• Preschool is cancelled.
• Students enrolled at our partner colleges such as COTC, CSCC, OSU, Otterbein and Franklin University should abide by the college or university's closure policy. Students must provide their own transportation if RCS has closed but the college or university remains open.
• Transportation to Eastland-Fairfield Career Center is not provided.
• Community groups scheduled to use school facilities (e.g., Park and Rec, Scouts, etc.) will have their events cancelled.
When the Reynoldsburg City Schools DELAY:
• AM kindergarten is cancelled.
• AM preschool is cancelled.
• PM kindergarten busses are delayed 30 minutes when picking up students. Parents who drop off for PM kindergarten may do so at the regular time.