In only 5 short months, you will have a high school freshman in your home! Representatives from each RHS Academy visited with our 8th grade students today to present and talk about the interest-based academies at our high school. Information about our High School Academies can be found at RHS Academies
In addition, 8th graders received the following information in Raider today that they should be bringing home to review with you:
- ACT Explore results: A few weeks ago, 8th graders took the ACT Explore. The ACT Explore is a measure of high school and college readiness and gives insights into things they need to know to plan for high school courses. This report shows the students strengths and weaknesses in four subject areas: English, math, reading and science. Students answered questions about their plans for after high school as part of the ACT Explore. The World-of Work Map included in the results will help students begin to focus on possible career areas.
- Using Your ACT Explore Results is a guide to help understand the ACT Explore results.
- OCIS Report: This report is the result of the students work on the Ohio Career Information System and will give the student more information about their career interests.
- RHS Academy Selection Form: This is the form for students and families to use to select their 1st and 2nd choice for next year. This form is due back to WRJH no later than March 17. A parent/guardian signature is required on this form.
8th Grade Student/Parent Information Meeting
8th Grade students and parents are encouraged to attend the Academy Information meeting on March 13th at WRJH from 7 - 9pm. Parents and students will have the opportunity to see two academies during this meeting. If you are interested in seeing more than two academies, you have the opportunity to attend the other meeting locations next week as well.
- March 10th from 7 - 9 at Hannah Ashton Middle School
- March 11th from 7 – 9 at Baldwin Road Junior High School
- March 13th from 7 – 9 at Waggoner Road Junior High School