Below are some tips to help students prepare for the Ohio assessments, or any test they may be taking:
1) In the weeks leading up to the assessments, practice with your teachers, take practice tests or work with a study buddy.
2) The night before, get a good night's sleep! A quick review of the material is fine and then let your body and brain rest.
3) The day of the test, eat a healthy breakfast. Arrive early so you are not feeling rushed, and use the extra time to review. Make sure you have the required materials to take the test: pencils, calculators, scrap paper, etc.
4) Manage your time. Make sure to allow time at the end to review and ensure you answered every question to the best of your ability and check for accidental mistakes (like skipping a question).
5) Have a positive attitude!